Emergency Room Alternative in West Long Branch, NJ
Emergency rooms in the United States are continuing to become more and more overcrowded. Over the last two decades, more than 1/4 of the country’s emergency rooms have closed, whereas the number of ER visits has increased by over 30%. Studies show that during this time over 1/3 of patients visiting the ER are not in need of emergent care, meaning they could be seen elsewhere if the option was available. Lucky for patients, there is!
AFC Urgent Care West Long Branch is a high-quality and affordable alternative to the emergency room. Our board-certified providers are able to diagnose and treat patients in significantly less time than the ER.
Our urgent care center is able to treat:
- Fever, cold or flu-like symptoms
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Severe sore throat
- Cuts or minor lacerations (including stitches)
- Potentially broken bones or simple fractures
- Muscle sprains or strains
- and more
If you are experiencing any of the following, go to a hospital emergency room:
- Chest pain or a sudden squeezing sensation in the chest
- Loss of consciousness or seizures
- Severe abdominal pain
- Sudden paralysis or slurred speech
- Uncontrolled bleeding
Remember to always use your best judgment when making medical decisions. If you have any questions, please contact us at 732.222.8000.