What is the Seasonal Flu Vaccine?
The Flu Vaccine contains an inactive version of the germ that causes the deadly influenza virus. The vaccine is then injected into your system to create antibodies and ultimately provide protection from contracting the virus. The flu virus is constantly evolving, meaning that your last flu shot 6 months ago is no longer applicable to this season’s flu virus.
Why is it so Important to be Vaccinated?
- Not getting vaccinated increases your chance of spreading the flu to other people.
- There are 36,000 deaths and over 410,000 hospitalizations annually due to the flu.
- Pregnant women, children under 5, and the elderly are more susceptible to the flu. It’s extremely important for them to get it as soon as it is available.
- Those who suffer from asthma, heart disease, or blood disorders are at higher risk of contracting the virus.
- Vaccinations are the best action to prevent influenza. Every year, new strains of the flu occur, which makes your annual flu shot a priority!
- Getting your flu shot can reduce or eliminate severe symptoms such as:
- General Aches, Pains
- Fatigue, Weakness
- Extreme Exhaustion
- Stuffy Nose
- Sore Throat
Avoid those stifling symptoms by getting your seasonal flu shot at AFC Urgent Care West Long Branch. At our walk-in urgent care center, you’ll never need an appointment to be seen! We also offer convenient hours to make it easy for those times when your doctor’s office is closed for the evening or on the weekends.
For more information about our seasonal flu shots, be sure to call us at 732-222-8000.