What’s the Difference?
You may have noticed some retail clinics or “MinuteClinics” popping up in your area recently. These clinics try to provide immediate healthcare services to patients in familiar locations such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and other retail settings.
However, a retail clinic may not provide the same high-quality medical care that an urgent care center can deliver. Urgent care centers are staffed with board-certified physicians that can inform, guide, and plan your healthcare decisions.
Unlike a retail clinic, an urgent care center provides extensive preventive care screenings and medical exams on top of injury treatment, flu and cold symptom treatment, STD screenings, and allergy treatment.
The main differences between urgent care centers and retail clinics include:
Urgent Care Centers
- Staffed with board-certified providers
- Treats significant, non-emergency injuries including bone breaks, sprains
- Provide extensive preventive care services including screenings, STD tests, and x-rays
- Has both walk-in clinic and scheduled appointment access
- Patients can reserve a time online
- A consistent range of urgent care services
- Provides employer health services for small and large businesses
- Usually no licensed physician on site
- Less advanced medical procedures than urgent care
- Either limited or no imaging services like x-ray services
- An inconsistent range of services between specific retail clinics
Allow AFC Urgent Care West Long Branch to be your go to urgent care provider for injuries, illnesses, allergies, and other immediate healthcare needs. Call us at 732.222.8000 or visit us at 214 State Highway 36 | West Long Branch, NJ 07764.